From my artist's diary.
I packed the thermos flask and set out with a friend down a 4WD track off the highway along the Goulburn Riverside. We found a spot wide enough to pull over and paint in the shade of trees.
There was the sound of the birds and a gentle breeze to add to the pleasure, the farmer plowing a paddock behind us and a couple of people using the road stopped to wave, and wish us a great day.
Then one gentleman returned. He was an art lover and wanted to purchase my painting. So, I took the painting to the new painting owner's home, and then I returned to my rural retreat with the memory of a lovely day and some money for art supplies.
Yes, it was a beautiful day.
I will return to that spot. My friend says that the recent floods would have been sure to have put some yellowbelly and cod in the billabong. Reg can fish while I paint.
• Take clothing and hats to protect from both the cold or excess sun.
• Fingerless gloves are a must for painting in cold weather.
• I take a folding stool as well as my folding easel box.
• Carry plenty of water Some water or a flask with coffee, tea or hot chocolate if it's cold.
• Loose and light coloured clothing (cream rather than white) helps minimise being bothered by mosquitoes. Get indoors before dusk in the tropics.
• Consider carrying insect repellent.
• Take paper towels and wipes to clean up and a bag to bring home your rubbish.
• A camera is useful for recording the scene, to complete it back it the studio.
OIL PAINTING or SOFT PASTELS
STORIES and CREATIVITY
PENCIL INK ACRYLIC [Art of Sketching & Caricature]
You can Switch cars every month.
Painting Tutorial Magazines
DISCLAIMER: I’ll receive a small commission from purchases via these links. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos. Thank you for your support! Lots of love to you! 🥰